Friday, August 10, 2012

Moment of Uncertainty

I got up this morning and weighed myself and not only have I not lost even a pound of weight...I've gained.  I had gotten down to 261, now I'm 262.2.  Not a huge amount, I know.  I also know that the scale doesn't always show the work that you do, and I even further know that I just got started. Also, I am doing strength training exercises, meant to build muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat.  I've only done the strength training exercises twice though.

Does muscle start to build that quickly?  Could that account for the extra pound?  I have been using MyFitnessPal to track what I eat, and have been staying pretty close to within my calorie limits.  I think I only went over once, and not by very much (less than 100 calories).  I have been drinking fluids way more than I used to, to try to not retain water... I guess water/fluid retention could be the other culprit here, though.    *sigh*  Yesterday was good, energy wise, but I swear I felt hungry all day.  I had to work really hard to not graze.  All this attention to calories and foods, thinking about what to eat and when to eat just had me feeling hungry all the time.  That's the hardest part, because I can exercise until I pass out, but if I eat too much, it negates all that work.  :(

I need to buy a fitness watch, so I can track the calories I burn with my workouts, my heart rate, and so on.  My treadmill does the heart rate and the time, but that's about it, and I am completely clueless when I am doing exercise dvds. Runkeeper will at least estimate your calorie burn, but I don't always go for walks. I need to be able to track these things regardless of what type of exercise I do.  :p I will be taking myself to Target to try to get one, probably later today.

For now, I just have to keep focused, keep going, and despite the scale reading keep at it.  It's early yet, so I need to just keep plugging away. I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment