Sunday, June 12, 2011

Workout!!!!

Went to Kentwood High tennis courts and hit some tennis balls around with Nick and Sophia. I have really lost my hustle. I will get it back though. I would have to sit down every 10-15 minutes or so, as tennis playing is like sprinting; very high intensity. But I kept at it. We stayed for about an hour. Then Nick and Sophia worked on some volleyball drills while I hit tennis balls against the backboard. The sun was out and we were sweating like pigs.

We then went to Starbucks for a brief break, and then headed across the street to the gym. We did about 5 minutes on the stairstepper/elliptical combo machine, then we went to the resistance machines and did 10-20 reps on each machine...just sort of getting acquainted with them. I guess I'll know if I got a good resistance workout if I have sore guns tomorrow. LOL We worked arms pretty much. Then we hit the exercise bikes and spent about 20 minutes on them. I rode about 2 1/2 miles. Not sure how many calories I burned, probably not too many as we didn't really stay at any one machine... but it was still a workout. I was all sweaty and funky and such. Not bad for my first gym workout.

I'm feelin' the endorphins, for sure! Off to a good start, Sophia had fun, I had fun, and the hour went by faster than expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment