Thursday, June 16, 2011

Setback or push forward?

My labs came back, and as expected my blood sugar was high. And this was the 2nd time. So... yeah... I guess that means I have type 2 diabetes. Fabulous. :(

I am disappointed and sad. I am going to have to give up a lot of stuff I love to get my sugar under control. As well as the exercise, which I'm already doing. But give up cheese? ice cream? wha?? :( That makes me so sad!

I guess this is definitely the push I needed to go vegan. Pretty much everything I have to give up is an animal product. *sigh*

I am a bit scared because I am so horrible at taking care of myself, and so horrible at being organized, and I will NEED to be both. I already feel like I can barely handle my life at times... I'm really not thrilled to be adding this to it. I really don't want to have to take meds... I'm on enough meds already... and diabetes reacts badly with so many meds. Ugh.

Gotta reverse the numbers... Gotta keep exercising and go ahead and change the diet. Good thing I'm seeing a nutritionist in a couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment