Thursday, February 3, 2011

Back to work

I ended up taking 3 days off between workouts. Hit a wall, I guess? Yesterday I was kind of angry with myself for not doing a workout. I am still watching my food intake, and I haven't been snacking nearly as much. So even without working out, I've still been better than I usually am.

I talked to my sister on the phone last night about what I've been doing. She's been in my corner for years, trying to help me motivate and get going. It's hard being so far away from her. She'd be the perfect workout buddy. :( But as I was telling her about the reading and the stuff that I've done, I felt the excitement return. Especially when I told her how loose my pants were. LOL. My weight loss is negligible so far, a couple of pounds at best, but my pants are so loose, I don't have to unbutton/unzip them before taking them off! So that tells me that something good is happening! I am also less awkward and stiff. My knees don't hurt as much. A small change, but a positive change nonetheless. Enough to keep me going, for sure.

I have been working really hard on using the proper form. I am getting a bit better at lunges, they are still kind of hard, and when I do have knee pain, it's when I do a lunge improperly. ouch! But I'm having less and less problems with that. So another improvement.

I did a "power sculpt" strength training workout dvd today, and strength training seems to be my forte. I was able to do the exercises...only had to modify the pushups, and didn't have to stop for a break, I did the whole thing, whereas the cardio dvd's KILL me!! I have to modify AND take breaks and march in place until I can resume. Is that normal, I wonder? To be better at one type of exercise than another? When the routine was done, I was sweaty and I was winded, but I was surprised it was "already" over.

I will probably do some form of cardio later today. Maybe a treadmill walk, as the rain/gloom has returned.

I am a little worried though. I have been able to do what I've done because I've been home and rested and haven't had other things to distract me.... Sophia's at school, Nick's at work, etc.

I start school again on Tuesday, and I am worried about being able to keep this up. I know there are things I can do on campus, such as walking from upper to lower campus and back a few times, and a track of sorts to walk on... and a pool I think? I may have to do that... I am not sure how much time I'll have between classes, clinicals and homework. :-/ I may have to seriously overhaul my sleep/wake schedule to fit it all in.

The other thing I worry about is eating... eating on the go is always harder than when I'm at home and can fix myself something... like a sandwich or a salad or whatever. I'll have to get creative. I'll have to buy a lunch bag thing... Hm... I guess I will do some brainstorming. I need ot figure it out. Don't want to lose momentum.

No comments:

Post a Comment