Tuesday, July 26, 2011

News of th Week

I had another nice walking opportunity on Saturday. I walked around Alki Beach and ended up walking for about a mile and a quarter. I continue to watch my food intake. I saw my nutritionist yesterday and she said that I am doing well, but maybe being a little too obsessive about the calorie/carb counting. I will work on that. And I guess protein intake needs to improve. :p There's always something. But it's going ok so far. I've lost about 3 pounds in 2 weeks, which I guess is healthy/normal.

She said that exercise needs to be something I do on a regular basis. I told her my motivation has been pretty low, and that I started seeing a therapist she had recommended, and hopefully that would help. She then said something that I need to hold on to, when I want to be my own self critic. "You seem pretty motivated to me. You have been to see your doctor, you sought out a therapist and started counseling, you are here to see me. That's motivation. You're actually doing a lot!" Which when she said it, it just clicked and felt right. I would never have made that conclusion on my own though. :p

Coupling that with what my therapist said to me earlier in the week... I had made a jokey comment about how "this taking care of myself crap is too much work!" She then noted that I'd gotten a pedicure and asked if I'd done it myself. I said "oh no! I had it done. I don't get them as often as I'd like, but it was a nice treat." She said that I should look at taking care of myself as a treat, rather than work. I have my work cut out for me there! LOL

I have been feeling a lot better, though since starting this process. I hope that it continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment