Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Hard Truths

January sucks... it always sucks, and this January was no different. On top of the usual January doldrums, I lost a very dear friend. Adding in work stress from training 2 new MA's to do my job, losing one of those MA's, working with a very stressed out nurse practitioner, and other things too numerous to list here, I am falling apart.
Iwent to my doctor today for an evaluation of my Celexa, and came out of that appointment with a new prescription for Wellbutrin to supplement it. My blood pressure and blood sugar are higher than average, and so I am flirting with diabetes at this point. All of this culminating the week before I start nursing school. *sigh* February isn't starting off too well, looks like. :(

I guess I have to just dig deep and figure a way to turn this around. I know it's reversible, and hopefully some of the other things I deal with healthwise are reversible, like the sleep apnea, for instance. I don't want to be tied to a damn machine for the rest of my life.

I am hoping like hell that the Celexa/Wellbutrin combo works, I am tired of feeling listless and lethargic. I am going to have to make some serious changes to my diet, and lifestyle. It all feels so overwhelming though. I am going to try to find a counselor to see if poking around in my brain will help things any. I feel like this is just too much for me to do on my own. It's too bad doctor's can't prescribe gym memberships and access to personal trainers, and it be covered by insurance. I said that to my PMD and he just laughed. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment